- There are a number of simple things you can do that will help you with SEO. Google has over 200 algorithms. Some are more important than others in terms of how much it may help you rank. If you are looking for step-by-step lessons, please check out our online training course.
- To link your LinkedIn personal profile to your LinkedIn company page, go to your personal profile and edit your “Experiences” section. Retype in your company name – you should see your company name come up in the suggested company box that pops up. Click on it. That will create a direct link and even auto add in your logo for you:) A great marketing and branding strategy.
- If you own a business, it is very important to keep track of what people on the Internet are saying about you and your brand. This is a definitely a smart step in any marketing strategy! Click here for a great article that outlines 3 of my personal favourite tools for tracking brand mentions. Another trick is to go into your Google search bar and type in “site: (your company name).”
- Looking for a media list in Hamilton? This page offers a list of many radio, print and television companies in Hamilton
- Your best keyword should go on the home page and about us page on your website (the 2 most viewed pages on websites)
CITATIONS: a citation is simply your business listing online. The listing should have your company name, address and phone number, as above. They are important to SEO, as one of the ways Google determines business authority, is through citations. It’s very important that you list citations the exact same way all the time i.e. if you list 123 Main Street, you would not want to change it to 123 Main St. Some great places to get citations are yellowpages.ca, yelp, foursquare Canada and 411.ca.